Black Mental Health & Healing Justice Training
**Registration for our August Training is open and below.
September Dates for the East coast TBA.
Course description: BEAM's Black Mental Health & Healing Justice training is a two day, mental health literacy and healing justice training for people working, living in and supporting Black communities.
The training equips participants with 101 knowledge of mental health issues, myths and challenges in Black communities and provides participants with tools and skills to offer healing justice informed peer support.
Who is the course for: This course is for anyone offering any form of peer or emotional health support in Black communities; including but not limited to; activists, advocates, educators, HIV/AIDS workers, substance use support counselors, yoga teachers or anyone else offering support services to Black communities.
After this training participants will be able to:
- Name and identify common mental health diagnoses and challenges in Black communities with accurate information.
- Name and identify common treatments for mental health challenges.
- Challenge and provide accurate information on common myths on medication, psychology and mental health in Black communities.
- Apply and provider peer emotional support through a healing justice framework.
- Identify and map out resources for mental health in their own communities.
Thank you for your interest in our training! We are very excited to offer it to our communities. Due to the high demand, we will only be accepting 25 applicants. Our goal is to choose individuals who reflect the age, gender, sexual orientation and ability diversity of our communities.
*Note: This is a pre-application. Those accepted from this pre- application will be contacted with further details.
Training Cost: $300.00 (Payment plans available for those that are accepted)
Location: The California Endowment 1000 Alameda St, Los Angeles, CA 90012 (The Endowment is ADA accessible)
Time: 9:00 A.M- 3:00 P.M.
Cost includes: Breakfast and lunch both days, BEAM workbook and full attendance to the training.
BEAM will offer 5 Full Scholarships to candidates who are accepted. Scholarships will cover the full cost of the training. Scholarship applications will only be given to those accepted into the training. No transportation or lodging support is offered at this time.
- Yolo Akili Robinson, RYT, E.D OF BEAM, click here.
- Erica Woodland, LCSW, Founder of NQTTCN, click here.
Applications are currently closed for our August Training.
Please email questions to Tanya at firstname.lastname@example.org